Books!

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

And I'm clinging to the promise, You're not through with me yet...

Despite the fact that I have not blogged about anything spiritually related recently, God has been showing me His knowledge of me and holding me in His loving arms.

I'm doing discipleship this semester with Katy and Allison and we are reading this amazing book by Angela Thomas called "Do you know who I am and other brave questions women ask". Every chapter is essentially a question you may find yourself asking God or needing God for. Coincidentally, every chapter has been applicable to my life the week I have read it. Coincidence? I think not.

So I wrote the top half of this post, pre Greek IV conference. So I'm just combining these two thoughts into one big blog. Also, can we notice the name of the blog (i named it before conference, clearly God is good on His promise...duh)

Can I just tell you that our God is one big, big God; and that He did some major work in Charlotte, NC this weekend. I was deeply moved by seeing 100+ Greek students learn how to be leaders, depend on God, and make God the center and focus of their lives. Here are some things that I felt God was trying to teach me:

1. I need to pray more. When I say pray I don't just mean for my sick relatives and for my future. I need to REALLY PRAY. Pray for changes I want to see happen in my life, in my friends' lives, on my campus. And not just small prayers, BIG prayers. God is not small, he is BIG. He made the world, so why should I not ask Him for BIG things?

2. I need to focus on God's plan for my life, and give all aspects of my life up to HIM. HE will be the decider of my future: not my parents, not me, not my boyfriend, not my friends. HE will be the one to lead me to the right job or internship or grad school for me. But until I allow him to have control over all assets of my life, nothing is going to happen.

3. I need to love on my sisters, friends, small group members, wake community. I need to love them and make intentional relationships with them. This will build a trust that will make them comfortable enough to come to me if they have a problem, and this could lead to opportunities for me to spread the gospel! How amazing would that be?!

So Lord, I pray that YOU will help me live out my life for YOU and only YOU post greek conference. I pray that YOU will keep that fire lit within me, and I pray that YOU will bless the wake forest campus, not just adpi, not just greek life, but our whole campus God. I pray that you will show through us Your pure and holy love that only YOU can show. I pray that YOU will use me as your servant God. Thank you for Your love, Your forgiveness, Your faith, and Your hope. Thank YOU for teaching me this weekend and for holding my hand every day God.

Praise be to YOU.
Amen

No comments: