Books!

Monday, February 28, 2011

"I was hoping you wouldn't ask that..."

These are the words that came out of my mom's mouth when I asked how my great grandma was doing. I frequently ask about her because ever since my great grandfather passed away in September, she has been heavy on my heart. Being with someone since you were 13 and losing him at age 76 is an extreme loss. You fell in love with him, you committed your life to him, you raised a family with him, you watched your kids have kids, you watched your grand kids have kids, and then you watched your grand kids' kids have kids. You experienced the fear of losing your first born daughter to liver failure, and yet she miraculously received a transplant within 48 hours. You experienced all this, and suddenly, this person is gone. I cannot fathom how hurt and how low she must be. When I saw her earlier this month and asked her how she was, she responded, "I'm here". I then said "well that's good right?!", then she replied a simple, "I guess".

So yesterday when I asked how she was nonchalantly with Harrison by my side, and heard these words, my heart dropped. I must admit, they dropped for selfish reasons. Probably because I told myself I would try to go visit her more, but I haven't. Probably because I can't stand the thought of losing another family member---2 in one year is enough right? How could God put me through one more?

So friends/people who read my blog because they for some reason found it on my facebook page/people who don't really like me...I am begging all of you to pray. First, I would like you to pray for healing. Healing for her heart and soul, she is completely broken, missing her soul mate who has gone to be with the Lord. Healing for her health. But secondly, I ask for you to pray that whatever happens she will be happy, at peace. Pray that our heavenly Father comforts her and shows her how much He loves her. Just pray.

No comments: