Books!

Sunday, August 1, 2010

I have been blessed...

So this morning I went to church with Anna and Jenny at a church i've never been to before. However, both of them had and liked it so I was very excited about a change...well the first thing the pastor said was it's going to be a little different this week and i'm probably going to run over. I honestly thought great a super long sermon, but he then said that we were going to discuss some business and do communion which relieved me because I knew that it wasn't running long due to a super long sermon...yes I am aware of how bad this whole paragraph sounds...

anyways before Mark started preaching a man came up and told a testimony about how his mom was basically at the kiss of death last year at this time and how she told them that she was ready to go, and they watched her breath for three days just waiting for that breath...however, one night she asked them all to leave the room because she needed to talk with God...moral of the story today she is cancer free and perfectly healthy. This story got me for many reasons...

1. It taught me that I really need to lean on God like this woman. She was ready to die, I'm not sure if i've ever known anyone who was ready to die, but she obviously felt like she needed to talk to God and then she just knew he was keeping her here...what an amazing faith.

2. God does work miracles. In the past four years I have had two close family members pass away...these are also the only two times I have literally gotten on my knees and cried out to God to please save them, DO SOMETHING! But both times it didn't happen the way I wanted it to turn out. Yes, I have lost two very dear family members but God has gained so many believers due to their testimonies...it doesn't get much more powerful than that.

Another awesome point of the day for me was that well this was the first time I had done communion without my parents. To me this signified that yes, I am an adult choosing where I want to go worship my Saviour because I want to be at this place not because my parents want to be at this place. It was also very special to me that I got to do this with two of my best friends. I just think communion is such a sacred thing and doing it together just brings you closer. I love the fact that my friends have as much love for Christ as I do...it's so refreshing and uplifting.

No comments: