Books!

Thursday, August 19, 2010

Welcome!


Ladies Night 2009 with my freshmen year small group

Fall rush 2009 with katy and nat


Football game 2009 with Katy and Nat


On the quad during my freshmen orientation

Saying goodbye to Lexington

Today the Wake Forest University class of 2014 is moving in to their freshmen dorm rooms. As I sit back and think of my freshmen move in day the memories flood my mind because I feel like it just happened yesterday. The nerves of meeting your roommate for the first time, the excitement of going to the college you've always wanted to go too, the fear of the unknown, the sadness of telling your parents bye for the first time in your life....

Here's what my mom said to me as she brought me my car keys before they left to go to Lexington

"Hannah, you got yourself here, you made it...now you need to take this opportunity and make out of it what you want."

Reflecting, two years into the journey I think, am I making out of it what I originally wanted to make it out of it?

The answer to that is no. No because i'm not the same scared little girl I was two years ago. My priorities, passions, attitude have all changed because i've grown up.

I have two more years to enjoy the campus of Wake Forest and that seems like a long time, but at the same time it seems like it will be over in the blink of an eye....SO

To all you freshmen, cherish every moment you have here. Not all of them are going to be stepping stones in your life, but a lot are. Study hard but don't kill yourself over it, and most of all enjoy the beautiful campus and university you chose to go to...it offers so many opportunities so take advantage of them!

No comments: