Books!

Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Nothing's sweeter than summertime and American Honey

Well it's almost here...the end of summer...

So i've decided to reflect on what I see was a stepping stone season in my life and one of the best summers I have had thus far....

-I have or at least I think I have mended relationships that I never thought could be mended

-Strengthened relationships that had gotten a little loose during the school year just by separation

-Moved into my own apartment

-Went on a spur of the moment beach trip with two of the greatest friends in the world

-Figured out what I want to do with my life

-Had an amazing week at Rockbridge with some of the greatest people I know and I absolutely can't wait to see how we grow this year in IV

-Saw one of my best friends get married to the love of her life

-Celebrated the engagement of another best friend

-Danced carelessly in my driveway with two of my best friends

-Had late night cook out/mcdonalds runs with the girls

-Talked to Ashley's parents for a good 3 hours with anna and jenny when ashley was not home

-Learned to let go of my fear of being hurt

-Depended on the Lord in times of fear, uncertainty and pain

-Met an amazing guy

-Had late night dance sessions with the roomie

-Reconnected with some amazing people that I missed

As I prepare to go home one last time with my friends being here before they all leave to go back to school, I am completely overwhelmed with sadness. Sadness not because the summer is over, but because these people who I see on a very regular basis I may not get to see now for two months. They are about to end the college chapter in their life, I'm just now getting a hang of the whole college thing. So here's to this summer to the memories that have been made and the times we've shared together...

No comments: