Books!

Thursday, July 15, 2010

Divine

So I just finished reading Divine by Karen Kingsbury and when I was told about the book it was referred to as a modern day Redeeming Love. I loved the book so obviously Divine had very high expectations, all of which were blew out of the water because the book was SO amazing! I have recently been researching a lot of non profit organizations trying to figure out which type I can see myself working with, and this story really made me want to work with abused women/girls. Basically it's amazing, and you should read it. Here are a few quotes from the book!

"That is the love of Christ. Full and whole, without judgement or reservation. Unconditional. When you fall, Jesus holds out a hand. When you turn away, He stands at the door of your heart, waiting, always waiting."

"The problem was that once in a while Peter had a tendency to take his eyes off Jesus...We must...must keep our eyes on Jesus. no matter what our flesh tells us."

"Jesus died to take all the pain from yesterday, to offer people a new life, a new start today...The power of Christ wasn't a one time fix. He would keep working in our lives today and tomorrow and everyday that we wake up believing the truth."

As you can see these quotes are so powerful, inspiring, reassuring, comforting. I will warn you that the book can be hard to read when describing some of the events that occurred to the characters...BUT it is definitely worth the read. If you read it let me know what you think!!!

1 comment:

Teri said...

I LOVE THAT BOOK!!!!!!!!! yay hehe