Books!

Monday, June 21, 2010

I feel like moving to the rhythim of Your grace...







So this weekend was one of much excitement for me!!! A. I got to see Katy, one of my apartment mates for next year whom I haven't seen since Rockbridge! B. Ashley's wedding shower C. I have a very exciting/long week to deal with this week.






As I was driving from the mall to the bridal shower it hit me, my two lives (home and school) are about to collide into each other head first. When I thought about this, it terrified me. I'm not sure why, but it did. Maybe it's because i've always kept them separate, school and home. But now, i'm living in an apartment--this is where my home friends will come visit me. So I guess what scared me more is the realization that this is it. I'm done growing up (for a matter of words, is anyone ever really done growing up?).






Then when I got out of my car and walked into Ashley's bridal shower (with Jenny thank goodness) it hit me...ASHLEY MILLS IS GETTING MARRIED! She is just a mere year older than me. I think i've always thought marriage is at least five or six years away, but that may simply not be the case, especially since all of my friends are choosing to get married at such a young age, not that I have or want to do what all my friends are doing but it really made me think that what if I meet the guy would I really drag it out that long? ABSOLUTELY NOT! When did we grow up from being 8 and playing dress up and pretending we were getting married and each others bridesmaids and playing "mom".Now it's really happening.






There are also a few more surprises that I cannot yet blog about but I have so many exciting thoughts about! Those will come later in the week!!!






The other night at Bible Study we sang the song Your Love is Extravagant by the Casting Crowns. I had not heard it in a really long time, but the lyrics are simply beautiful! My favorite line has to be:






"I feel like moving to the rhythm of Your grace, Your fragrance is intoxicating in our secret place."






The full song will be in a different post posted slightly after this one. Anyways, I just think these lyrics are so completely beautiful that they quite frankly took my breath away the first time I listened to them. I'm just so incredible thankful to have so many friends that are so strong in their faith and that push me daily to strive to be closer with our heavenly Father. Not many people are as lucky as I am.






Oh! The pictures at the top are from Ashley's shower!






No comments: