Books!

Friday, June 4, 2010

Isn't it ironic, don't you think?

This past week I have learned that God's irony is so amazing and funny!

I have honestly enjoyed every minute of everything i've done this week. It is starting to hit me that I am moving away from home (possibly for good---who knows what my future holds for me!) and that the easiness of being able to call up and friend just to watch a movie at 9 pm on a monday night will essentially be gone, at least for my friends from home. Saying this, I feel like I am truly blessed that I am upset about the fact that I will no longer be able to do this with my group of friends that I have been through so much with. We're all growing up and growing apart yet we still have a special bond that not many people get to experience in their lifetime, and for that I am truly thankful and know that it is something I will always cherish.

Also reconnecting with old friends is a lot more fun than I thought. Essentially when you don't see someone for four years (especially those four years being through the transition from high school to college and college to the real world) it is amazing to see how people have grown how people have changed and how people have stayed the same. I've always found myself to be extremely nervous around people who I haven't seen in awhile but it's comforting to know that obviously this is not the case for everyone in my life. It reminds me of how last August when I got back to school Katy Natalie and I just picked back up like Summer never happened. But this is not about them, it's about reconnecting with people from home that I could potentially not see for a good long time. It's strange to think you see them five out of seven days and yet once you left home for college you didnt see each other for four years.

I was reading last night and I stumbled across this verse 2 Thessalonias 3:3 "But the Lord is faithful, and will strengthen and protect you from the evil one." It was just comforting to me to be reminded that our God is faithful and although sometimes we may not see it, he is still being faithful to us. Just something to think about...

No comments: