Books!

Thursday, June 10, 2010

When you wish upon a star...

Have you ever taken the time to just sit outside at night on a blanket and enjoy this world that our heavenly father has created. The thousands of stars in the sky can overwhelm when I think of how far away they are and yet the same God that created them also created me. I sometimes find this unfathomable...I mean come on...who am I but a twenty year old girl?

Have you ever thought about friendship I mean really thought about friendship? Obviously when you meet someone you think to yourself, is this person worth getting to know, could we be friends for awhile or just an acquaintnace? Then you form that relationship with that person. Strings are formed, you become attached and mentall, physically, and emotionally need this person in your life. Clearly I'm talking about a very close, best friend maybe. But today I thought to myself why do we do this to ourselves? If something goes bad, the strings are cut, the connection is gone. Then you are left with a hole in you that can never truly be filled by anyone but the reconnection of the friend.

The other day I was reading in Romans and Romans 8:25 really stuck out to me. "But if we hope for what we do not have we wait for it patiently." I can so often be impatient. But honestly the things that mean the most to me are the things that I have had to work hard for, shed tears for, earn, wait patiently for. So this verse brings me back to the mindset that i'm not going to get what I want and what I think I need immediately or even in a few weeks or months. Success in life, relationships, friendships, family is something that God gives to us, but in order for them to blossom we must work at them, pray for them, wait patiently for them.

No comments: